Got some Christmas day leftovers that you don’t want to throw out? Why not make a Lentil and Vegetable casserole dish plus it’s a great way to pack in lots of different vegetables over the festive season.
What you will need to make this recipe:
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Equipment: Pyrex 2.3l Casserole Dish
You can buy all of these ingredients from Tesco Groceries
75g pack diced pancetta
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 medium leeks, trimmed, washed and sliced
75g french beans, halved
75g chantanay carrots, halved lengthways
200g puy lentils, rinsed
600ml really hot chicken stock
175g cooked chicken or turkey, in strips
100g frozen soya beans
2 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
Grated rind and juice 1 lemon
Black pepper to taste
How to make this tasty winter warmer casserole:
1. Preheat the oven to Gas 4, 180 C
2. Fry the pancetta in a pan without oil until lightly browned, add the onion and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until softened.
3. Add the leeks, beans carrots and lentils and cook for 1-2 minutes, put into the Pyrex 2.3l casserole with boiling stock. Cook in the preheated oven with the lid on for 25 minutes.
4. Add the chicken, soya beans, thyme, lemon and pepper, stir well, replace the lid and cook for a further 15 minutes to heat through.
5. Check the seasonings and serve.
You can add in any vegetables and leftovers that you have for something a little bit different over those wintery months.
This recipe was sent to us from: http://www.pyrexuk.com
Will you give this recipe a try? Comment below and let us know.