As we continue sharing some of our favourite vegetarian Christmas dishes, we can’t help but wish it was lunchtime… again!
Kikkoman have shared with us their stunning Vegetarian Christmas Pots recipe!
Make these individual dishes up to 1 day in advance up to the end of step 5. Then simply bake in the oven on Christmas day for easy veggie entertaining.
Cals per serving: 545
Fat per serving: 31.9g
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40-45 minutes
What you’ll need:
- 75 g dried chestnut and cranberry stuffing mix
- 25 g toasted flaked almonds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large courgette, cut into small chunks
- 1/2 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 25 g butter
- 200 g mixed mushrooms, such as chestnut, oyster, trimmed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 175 ml vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 4 tbsp cranberry sauce
You can get all these ingredients from Tesco.com
Here’s how to make vegetarian Christmas pots:
Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/200C/190C fan oven. Put the stuffing mix and almonds into a bowl and mix with 150 ml boiling water. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the courgette and pepper for 3-5 minutes until starting to brown. Remove and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil and cook the onion for 3-4 minutes until beginning to soften. Stir in the mushrooms and butter and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Sprinkle over the flour and gradually add the stock until combined. Add the soy sauce and bring to the boil, bubble until slightly thickened. Return the courgette chunks and stir in the cranberry sauce.
- Spoon into 2 x 300 ml individual pie dishes and leave to cool. Shape the stuffing into 6 small balls and top each pie dish with 3 balls.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve with sprouts, roast potatoes and all the classic trimmings.
In 30 minutes these gorgeous meat free and homemade Christmas pots are ready and believe us….they are so worth it!
Have you tried making this delicious recipe? Share your recipes, pictures and comments below.