Here are some fun facts that you may or may not know about being a vegetarian:
1. Vegetarianism is traditionally linked to the people of ancient India and today, Indians make up more than 70 percent of the world’s vegetarian population
2. The first Vegetarian Society was formed in England in 1847
3. The list of famous vegetarians includes Sir Paul McCartney, Ozzy Osborne, Sinead O’Connor, Brad Pitt, Albert Einstein, Henry Ford and Leonardo da Vinci
4. Vegetarians from the animal kingdom include the elephant, rhinoceros and gorilla
5. Meat-free and free-from sales are expected to reach a total of £949m in 2012 with meat-free sales set to reach £607m and free-from market sales expected to reach £342m.
6. Vegetarians do not eat fish
7. The word “vegetarian” is derived from the Latin word “vegetus” meaning lively or vigorous
8. In 2012, the Los Angeles city council unanimously approved a resolution that all Mondays in the City of Angels will be meatless
9. A pescetarian is a vegetarian who eats fish
10. The original actor who played Ronald McDonald, Jeff Juliano, is now a vegetarian
What vegetarian facts do you know? Comment below and let us know.