Christmas and Easter have a whole lot in common not to mention over indulging in chocolate and it seems the day most people celebrate the resurrection of Christ has turned into Christmas number 2.
Even though without Easter there would be no Christmas we take a fun look at what both have in common!
1. Chocolate, Chocolate and more Chocolate! At Xmas it’s selection boxes (which are scoffed within minutes) Easter is all about the egg – white, milk, dark or flavoured it wont matter as it’s likely breakfast will start with one of them!
2. Family and Friends: Both celebrations will see family and friends gather either around the table, rolling eggs, church or simply handing out Easter gifts.
3. Time off: The UK will all get time off just as they do at Christmas to celebrate Easter.
5. Fancy dress: When it comes to December we see hundreds of people all in fancy dress including Santa, Elfs and more. At Easter we will see the Easter bunny hopping around communities.
6. Religion: As you may already know both celebrations have important meanings and both celebrate Jesus Christ.
7. Decorations: Just like Christmas, your home will be filled with Easter decorations, however instead of trees and tinsel it’s more bunting and wicker baskets.
8. Delicious food: Swap the fruit cake and bring in the hot cross buns!
9. Alarm bells ready: Once October hits, Christmas flies onto the shelves as soon as January comes Easter eggs are filling the shops.
10. The weather: Surprisingly both holidays are likely to be cold with snow showers, yes even in March because the earlier Easter is the more likely it is.
11. Events: Christmas markets, fairs and pantomimes all make an appearance come November/December and in March many places hold Easter egg hunts and fun festivals.
12. Sing carols and hymns: Whether it be carols or hymns both festivities will have you singing!
Can you think of any other Fun ways Easter and Christmas are both alike? Please share them below as we would love to hear from you!