Got left over food from Christmas Day? Not too sure what to do with it? Why not try making a nice turkey pot pie with them.
What do you need to make this?
- 150 g stuffing, broken up
- 350 g cooked turkey, roughly pulled apart
- 300 g roast potatoes, chopped
- 100 g peas
- 1 tbsp freeze-dried tarragon
- 570 ml thick turkey or chicken gravy
- 375 g ready rolled short pastry sheet
- beaten egg
Then to make the pot pie:
1: Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6.
2: Place the stuffing, turkey, potatoes, peas and tarragon into a large bowl and mix well.
3: Add enough thick gravy to coat really well and then mix in.
4: Spoon into a 270cm x 6.5cm deep oval dish.
5: Brush the top of the baking dish with beaten egg, then lay the pastry over, press down well and decorate the edge.
6: Glaze the top with egg, then make 2-3 slits in the top of the pastry.
7: Bake for 35 minutes. Serve with pickled red cabbage.
This recipe can be found at ITV
Got your own idea or recipe for any left over food from Christmas Day? Comment below and let us know.