Every Christmas finding the right outfit for your Gran or Nana as a present can be a little tasking – either it’s looks way to old, not on trend, far to flowery and of course does not have sleeves. We were kindly sent these to review.
Below we’ve got the best pieces from the Edinburgh Woollen Mill to give as a gift which cover all aspects including fashion with sleeves!
1. The Christmas jumper. Unlike most of us who will wear just about any bright, lighted, over the top festive jumper, gran might not be to keen, however she will still want to take part, so why not go for something just a little more subtle.
We LOVED EWM Xmas snowflake jumper, lilac in colour (keeping on trend with this year’s winter pastels) with a gorgeous snowflake design each which have embellished gems on the front – don’t worry these do not come off easily and if one happens to do so a couple of spares are also included. The jumper is a good length and will not creep up your back and not to heavy either meaning gran will still be able to wear a blouse underneath. Priced at an RRP of £28
2. The classic day top. Honor Millburn Jacquard top ticks every box – sleeves, fashionable, not to heavy and can be teamed with just about everything. UnderTheChristmasTree personally selected this top as we felt you could wear this at festive lunches, parties or even just heading up town to visit friends.
In a berry colour, this textured top would look great with delicate jewellery and we are pretty sure gran will love the good length sleeve and plain design. Priced at an RRP of £22
3. The night out top. When it comes to heading out, finding the right top which will keep you warm yet looking very glamorous will have the best of us ripping out our hair and gran will be no different.
After looking through what felt like hundreds of flowered patterned blouses which were to thin and didn’t have much WOW factor we saw this Honor Millburn Embellished top, classic yet glamorous at the same time the gorgeous embellishment at the neckline stands out and because the top is a little heavier you can wear on its own or with a lovely tweed blazer. Priced at an RRP of £22
4. The Must Have Jacket. Dipped hem blazers and cropped jackets are not for grans but finding what would be a classic piece yet in fashion and that will last for longer than a few washes will leave you feeling flustered at a time of year when you could do without any more stress. When we looked through Edinburgh Woolen Mill’s collection, straight away this textured checked jacket was added to our basket as it ticked every single bauble! Strong, bold colours in a a check design (very on trend for winter 2014), thick and heavy so gran can wear day or night and still feel warm but look amazing.
Part of the Moorland Collection, you can wear this with coordinating tops and skirts for a smart new season look, watch as your grans face lights up when she receives this – even Mary Berry would be eying it up! Priced at an RRP of £55
5. The Christmas day skirt. Have you got a fussy gran when it comes to fashion – only the most classic piece will do and it can’t be to thin, too short and must have a very comfy fit? (we like that too so we can’t complain!) then we can feel your angst! Finding the key piece to go with an outfit is all part of the stressmass tradition so when we came across EDW Check Skirt by Isle we fell in love. The deep purple colour with pink hues would go great with the textured jacket above.
An elasticated waist giving maximum comfort and fit (meaning gran can have the extra brandy and mince pie) is one of the key factors to the skirt. As always lengths available are different however we felt the 30″ is ideal for mid calf length (on a 5ft 5 height), team with a pair of small heels or boots for a true Christmas party outfit.
6. The comfy trousers. We don’t know about your gran however when we suggested a pair of elasticated jeans to ours we got that “are you being funny” look…yes you know the one we mean. A pair of comfortable trousers to slip into after Christmas day dinner can feel as good as slipping your cold feet into a warm pair of cosy slippers!
If you are looking for a comfortable fit, great shape, stretch for comfort and all machine washable then we have the perfect pair of trouser to suit you. Edinburgh Woolen Mill’s comfort fit trousers come in a range of sizes, colours and lengths!
After washing they don’t loose their shape and become baggy. Ironing them couldn’t be easier and even though they are comfort fit you could easily team them with a nice top and head off for a day away with the girls. Priced at an RRP of £20
After browsing through EWM website and book we honestly couldn’t believe how many pieces of clothing we actually did like and all at a good price too.
We also came across this gorgeous mini Sherpa Hot Water bottle and couldn’t resist showing it off, so if you’re searching for a little extra Christmas present this year for Nana/Gran then don’t forget one of these! It’s just so cute.
You can purchase all of these and much more from Edinburgh Woollen Mill HERE
When it comes to buying clothing for an older relative what do you look for? Let us know by commenting below.