We all want our nails to look like we’ve just had them done at the salon, especially at Christmas, but you can do just as good a job at home. Here are some tips on how to apply nail polish properly:
- Make sure you remove all traces of your old nail polish with a cotton ball or pad which has nail varnish remover before you apply a fresh coat of colour
- Once your nails are dry and clean, put on a clear base coat. A base coat will help you nail varnish go on smoothly & evenly
- Roll your chosen colour of nail in between your hands to mix the polish thoroughly – do not shake the bottle, as this will create air bubbles which will affect the quality of the polish
- Open the bottle of nail polish, wiping off any excess on the brush on the opening of the bottle so that it trickles back inside
- Swipe a stripe of polish down the middle of your nail from the cuticle to the tip before following it with colour on either side of your nail
- When you start your nail polish application, start with the smallest finger, saving your thumb for last as this will lessen the odds of you accidentally leaning on or rubbing polish off a wet nail
- Repeat the previous set to give your nails a second coat of polish
- Allow your nails to dry or at least let half an hour go by before you apply a protective clear top coat on all of your nails
- Your nails are now Christmas party ready!
These are just a few tips to help you get perfect nails. What are your tips for getting perfect nails? Comment below and let us know.