The 1st of August has arrived which means key events in the United Kingdom such as the Edinburgh Festival and RideLondon have begun.
August will hopefully be another month of glorious sunshine, lots of laughter and more sporting triumphs for Britain.
This month UnderTheChristmasTree will be running loads of brand new competitions on our website, Twitter and Facebook which will include SnapBox canvases, Punky Princess bracelets, Munchy Seeds and a whole lot more.
Are you starting to prepare the kids for back to school, preparing for Uni or simply trying to get back to normal after the holidays? We have plenty of articles on how to’s, advice and much more for this month.
Today also officially means there are now only 4 months until Christmas, yes we said it CHRISTMAS!
Already we are starting to pick out our favourite festive music and testing the mince pie’s – it’s a hard job but someone has to do it!
Below listed are some key events for August 2013 in the UK:
- Edinburgh Festival – Held throughout the month
- 3-4 August – RideLondon cycling festival
- 10-18 August – The Athletics World Championships take place in Moscow. British Olympic gold medalists Jessica Ennis and Mo Farah plan to compete.
- 25-26th August – Notting Hill carnival
- 26-2nd September – US open at Flushing Meadows New York. Andy Murray will try to retain his first grand slam
- 28th August – 50th anniversary of Martin Luther Kings – I Have a Dream speech
Will you be attending any of the key events? What will you be doing this August 2013? Comment below using our easy to use comments box.