The Toy Industry Association is accepting submissions in 12 product categories for the 2013 Toy of the Year Awards.
For the first time an “e-Connected Toy of the Year” category has been added this represents physical toys that interact with tablets, gaming devices etc.
Until Friday, 12th October, members of the toy industry are invited to nominate toys, games, licensed properties – and for the very first time, e-Connected playthings – for consideration in the 2013 Toy of the Year awards.
The Toy of the Year Awards are also known as ‘The “Oscars” of the Toy Industry’, and the awards ceremony will take place the day before the New York Toy Fair on February 9th at the iconic Plaza Hotel.
Nominations are invited for the following categories
- Activity: Toys that inspire creative play through various forms of activity
- Boy: Toys developed for boys of any age
- e-Connected: An app-cessory or other physical toy that interacts with a smartphone, tablet or gaming device
- Educational: Toys that help children to develop special skills and knowledge through play
- Game: Children’s board, card, CD-ROM or electronic game formats (NOTE: All electronic games must have an ESRB “Early Childhood” rating)
- Girl: Toys developed for girls of any age
- Infant/Toddler: Toys developed for infant children and toddlers (ages up to 36 months)
- Innovative: Toys that utilize innovative design, technology, or manufacturing processes to enhance play value
- Outdoor: Toys designed for outdoor play
- Preschool: Toys developed for preschool-aged children (ages 3-5)
- Specialty: Toys primarily distributed through specialty retailers
The finalists will be announced on November 19th.
Read more about the Toy of the Year Awards 2013 Here