Struggling for a unique cake recipe for the stout lover in your life? Why not try this Guiness cake recipe created by Dr Oetker.
Adapted from an American cola cake, this great chocolate cake recipe is easy to make, yet incredibly tasty and moist!
Chocolate Guiness Cake ingredients:
- 125g salted butter
- 125ml Guinness
- 125g self-raising flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- ½ tsp Dr. Oetker Bicarbonate of Soda
- 125g caster sugar
- 75ml milk
- egg, beaten
- 1 tsp Dr. Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Extract
- 50g Dr. Oetker Fine Cooks’ Dark Chocolate, broken into small pieces
How to make the Guiness chocolate cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, 160° Fan, Gas Mark 4. Line a 1kg loaf tin with greaseproof paper. Put the butter and Guinness in a saucepan over a low heat until the butter has melted. This will only take a few moments.
2. Sift the flour, cocoa powder and Bicarbonate of Soda together in a mixing bowl. Add the sugar, milk, egg, Vanilla Extract, Chocolate pieces and melted butter mixture and mix together well.
Click here to buy all of the Dr Oetker baking supplies from Tesco.
3. Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and bake in the preheated oven for around 50 minutes until risen and just firm to touch. A skewer or cocktail stick inserted into the middle of the cake should come out clean.
4. Leave to cool for 10 minutes, then carefully remove from the tin. It is delicious served warm as a dessert with a chocolate sauce, or eaten cold with a vanilla frosting on top.
The perfect cake for an occassion such as Father’s Day, Birthday’s or even just as a special treat for you.
Recipe and images from Dr. Oetker.
Are you going to give this recipe a go? Tell us how it all went below.