Are you like thousands of others starting the year back with a diet? we know we are…tomorrow, if we keep saying it enough we might just start!
Putting down the tasty treats and trying to find a healthy dinner which you can prepare the day before can seem like a daunting thought, however if you have a slow cook at hand (if not you can get one for around £14 at Asda Direct) not only can you prepare a hot and healthy dinner for you and the family but you can do it all the night before.
Below is a healthy slow cook recipe for those wintry cold and rainy days ahead:
Slow Cooker Sausage & Bean Casserole Recipe
What you will need:
- 4-5 Pork sausages or Vegetarian Sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 400g tin cannellini beans, drained
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 125ml (3fl oz) water
- tomato purée
- 1-2 teaspoons of paprika
- Cook the sausages in a pan and set aside
- Fry the onions and any other garlic, or peppers you wish to add
- Add the cooked sausages, beans, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, paprika and let it simmer gently for around 5 minutes
- Season to taste
- Put in slow cooker ready to turn on tomorrow and you are done!
Serve with crusty bread, rice or even a baked potato.
Perfect as a healthy option for the whole family or to share with friends in front of a roaring hot fire and of course a glass of something nice.