Making Eggnog at Christmas is a must and it is oh so tasty. Microplane have kindly sent over an indulgent Eggnog recipe which serves 2-3: here’s how to make it:
What do you need to make Eggnog?
Tesco: SHOP INGREDIENTS
250ml coconut milk
500ml almond milk
80ml maple syrup
3 teabags of chai tea (or 2 tsp of chai spice mix in a spice
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 egg yolks
For the topping:
200g whipped cream
Piece of dark chocolate – grated using the
Microplane® Master Series Ribbon Grater
1 shot of rum or brandy per glass (optional)
1 tsp cinnamon – freshly grated using the
Microplane® Master Series Fine Grater
How to make Eggnog:
- Put all the ingredients, except for the egg yolks into a
saucepan and warm through slowly. Do not boil!
- Leave to infuse for 5 minutes
- Mix the egg yolks in a bowl and add some warm almond milk then pour it into the saucepan and
heat everything up again, slowly, stirring constantly
- Remove the tea bags/spice sachets from the pan
- Pour a shot of brandy into each glass, divide the mixture equally, top with whipped cream and a
fresh grating of cinnamon and chocolate
Tesco: SHOP NOW
The Microplane® Master Series is a collection of elegantly designed graters crafted with a walnut handle and sturdy stainless steel frame, available in FIVE blade styles including the long, narrow Master Zester (RRP £29.95) and FOUR paddle-shaped graters; Fine, Coarse, Ribbon and Extra Coarse blades (RRP £34.95).
This is a tasty recipe that can be made any time of the year! Take a look at some of our other recipes.