Do you remember making papier marche when you were at school or when you were at home over the holidays?
Why not get your kids to make their very own papier marche balloon? Not only will it keep them busy while they are at home but they will be proud of their master piece!
So how do you make a papier marche balloon?
1. Tear up the newspaper into long strips
2. Glue mixture: Pour 2 parts white glue and one part water into a mixing bowl. These quantities can be changed to suit the size of your project. Or, if you have a stronger bonding glue, 1 part white glue and 1 part water will do the trick or Flour mixture: Combine 1 part flour with 1 part water
3. Blend together your choice of mixture
4. Get the balloon that your are going to papier marche and blow it up
5. Dip a strip of newspaper into the mixture
6. Remove any excess mixture
7. Lay the strip over the balloon and smooth it out either using your fingers or paintbrush
8. Repeat steps 5-7 until the entire balloon is covered
9. Put the papier marche balloon on to a covered surface to dry
10. Let it dry thoroughly and when done, paint and decorate as desired
What are your tips for making papier marche? Comment below and let us know.