There’s exactly SIX months until Christmas Eve. THE most magical day of the year is now upon us and you’ll want to spend as much time as possible making the most of it. With the excitement of Santa coming and family traditions resurrected, it’s time to start the festive preparations.
Santa Claus will soon be coming to town.
It’s the time of the year again when you start planning your Christmas strategy everything from shopping, recipes to crafting and decorating your home – sounds like a military operation right? However preparing early means you can spend all that extra time with the family on the most magical day of the year – or like us eat sweets and watch dozens of Xmas films!
When it comes to a stress free Christmas, preparations is the key! Getting ahead with shopping now when the sales are on can help save you money and by deciding what recipes you want to take on can allow you time to practice and test on the family – any excuse for a mince pie or two!, which have already been spotted in stores!
With only 6 months to go you won’t want to be yule-tide up with mislaid mistletoe and advent tantrums as this will lead to not a very silent night!
Below are ten tips and ideas to getting started early with your festive plans:
1. See what you are spending each week and if you can, start to put back a little.
2. Start buying your gifts. Handbags, toys, aftershave never go out of date BUT do come on sale.
3. Decide the recipes you want to make and start practising – a great way to feed the family and test your puddings.
4. Get crafting now. Start now and by the time it comes to putting the decorations up you will be ready.
5. Having friends or family round? Get your invitations ready to hand out.
6. Ensure all house decorating is underway, you don’t want to be painting those walls the day before Xmas eve.
7. Update your card list. Make sure you have enough cards and the right addresses.
8. Put all activities on a calendar so you don’t double book.
9. Test Christmas lights now and see what needs replaced.
10. Wrap presents as they come in!
So just how many weeks, months and days until Christmas Eve? There are 26 weeks, 183 days and obviously 6 months exactly to the day.
If like us every year you make the bold statement – “we are not going to be so disorganised next year” then this nifty little list should help you along the way.
Christmas Eve is filled with excitement so ensure you get the most out of the day.
What’s your top tip for taking the stress out of Christmas Eve? We would LOVE for you to share them below.