Looking for ways to celebrate Christmas in July? – then STOP! as we’ve got you covered. Here are 15 fun ways to begin the festive celebrations this Summer.
Now, we would NEVER not want to celebrate the holidays in December but surely there’s nothing wrong with bringing a little merriment in Summer? especially as brands including B&M and Ivyline have already started showcasing their 2023 Christmas ranges.
So let’s swap pina coladas for Christmas cocktails and start the festive celebration early as we share with you a bunch of great ways you can bring Christmas to your home this July.
- Decorate Your Home: Get into the festive spirit by decorating your home with Christmas lights, wreaths, and ornaments. Transform your space into a winter wonderland today with online shops including Amazon, John Lewis and The Range already stocking baubles.
2. Have a Christmas movie marathon: Gather your friends or family and enjoy a day of watching your favourite Christmas movies, such as Home Alone, Elf or White Christmas. Prepare some popcorn and hot chocolate for the full experience, who cares if it’s a heatwave outside or not?!
4. Exchange gifts: Organize a gift exchange with your loved ones. Draw names and exchange small gifts or stocking stuffers to capture the Christmas gift-giving tradition, or get everyone to regift items from the previous years so no money has to be spent.
5. Bake Christmas treats: Whip up some holiday treats like gingerbread cookies, fruitcakes, or sugar cookies. Spend the day baking and decorating them with colourful icing and sprinkles, plus you could always batch cook and put some in the freezer for December!
6. Throw a Christmas-themed barbecue: We adore this idea! Fire up the grill and have a barbecue with a Christmas twist. Serve festive dishes like grilled turkey, cranberry salsa, and peppermint desserts.
7. Make DIY ornaments: Get crafty and make your own Christmas ornaments. Use materials like clay, ice lolly sticks, or felt to create unique decorations for your tree.
8. Sing Christmas carols: Gather your friends or family and have a singing session of classic Christmas carols. You can even organize a karaoke-style event for added fun and take it outdoors.
9. Build a snowman: If you’re in an area with snow during July, take advantage of it and build a snowman in your garden. Don’t forget to accessorize it with a carrot nose and scarf. Here in the UK we could use logs instead of snow and spray-paint them white.
10. Write Christmas cards: Take the time to write heartfelt Christmas cards to your loved ones. It’s a great way to spread cheer and let them know you’re thinking of them.
11. Donate to charity: Embrace the spirit of giving by donating to a charity or participating in a Christmas in July charity event. Help those in need and make a positive impact.
12. Have a beach or poolside Christmas party: Head on down to your local beach and throw a beach or poolside Christmas-themed party. Decorate beach umbrellas, play tropical Christmas music, and have a BBQ.
13. Create a Christmas in July countdown: Make a countdown calendar or use an app to count down the days until your Christmas in July celebration. It adds excitement and anticipation.
14. Wear festive attire: Dress up in your favourite Christmas knits, Santa hats, or reindeer antlers. Encourage others to do the same for a fun and festive atmosphere, who says you can’t wear a sneaky pair of festive socks to work?
15. Volunteer at a local shelter: Give back to your community by volunteering at a local charity shop or food bank. Offer your time and support to those in need, just like during the holiday season.
Celebrating Christmas in July offers a fantastic opportunity to infuse the summer months with the joy and magic of the holiday season. Whether you’re yearning for a taste of winter during the scorching summer days or simply looking for an excuse to gather with loved ones, there are countless ways to embrace the festive spirit in the midst of July’s heat.