Yes, you read that title right – Chocolate pancakes with CHEESECAKE filling! Who knew such a delight existed? Our waist bands will not thank us for this one though. You have been warned!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 115g plain flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 300ml full fat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 25g butter, melted
- Extra melted butter or vegetable oil for frying
- 250g carton ricotta cheese
- 3 tbsp Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Caster Sugar
- 100g chocolate chips, white, milk or dark chocolate
- 3 tbsp double cream
- Lyles Squeezy Syrup Chocolate
How to make chocolate pancakes with cheesecake filling by Lyles:
1. Sift the flour and cocoa into a large bowl, and make a hallow in the centre. Whisk the milk and eggs together then gradually into the centre, whisking as you pour, continue whisking until you have a smooth batter, then whisk in the melted butter. Alternatively put all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and whizz until smooth.
2. To cook the pancakes, use a non-stick 18cm/7inch pan for best results. Heat the pan on medium heat until there is a slight haze coming from it. Brush the pan with butter or oil then pour in abut 70ml of batter, use a small ladle if available. Tilt the pan so the batter evenly covers the bottom of the pan.
3. Cook for about 1 minute or until the liquid batter has set and the pancake is golden. Loosen the edges of the pancake with a spatula and give a little shake – it should come loose and move in the pan. Either flip the pancake or turn it over using a fish slice, then cook for a further minute. Continue to cook the rest of the batter in the same way.
4. Heat the oven to 190C/170Cfan/gas 5.
5. To make the filling, mix together the ricotta, Tate & Lyle caster sugar, chocolate drops and cream. Spread the filling over half of each pancake then fold into quarters, arrange in a greased ovenproof dish. Cook in oven for 8-10 minutes. Serve the pancakes with plenty of Lyle’s Squeezy Syrup Chocolate.
While we are pretty sure our New Years Resolutions didn’t see this one coming, we really don’t care all that much! this is a stunning treat for Pancake day.
We would love to read all about your pancakes so please do let us know all about them in the comments below.