This real showstopper would look amazing on your Christmas table for dessert – If it last that long!.
The Chocolate Roulade Star Log will take around 40 minutes and will serve 10.
Ingredients you’ll need
For the Cake:
- Medium Eggs x 3 separated
- 100 g Caster Sugar
- 5ml Dr. Oetker Select Vanilla Extract with Seeds (1 tsp)
- 40g Plain Flour
- 20g Cocoa Powder
- 55g Ground Almonds
- 2½g Dr. Oetker Baking Powder (½ tsp)
- 15 ml Orange Liqueur or Orange Juice (1-2 tbsp)
For the Filling:
- 200 ml Double Cream
- 15 g Icing Sugar (1 tbsp)
For the Topping:
- 400 ml Double Cream
- 45 g Cocoa Powder Sifted
- 30 g Icing Sugar (2 tbsp)
- Dr. Oetker Giant Chocolate Stars
You can find all of these ingredients at: Tesco Groceries
How to make the Christmas chocolate log:
1. Heat the oven to Mark 6/200°C. Whisk together the egg yolks, sugar and vanilla extract until pale. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff.
2. Mix together the flour, cocoa, ground almonds and baking powder. Fold in the egg yolk mixture along with the egg whites until combined. Spread into a 21x31cm lined Swill roll tin. Bake for 10 mins.
3. Cool in the tin for 10-15 mins, then carefully turn out onto fresh baking paper, drizzle with alcohol or orange juice and gently roll using the paper to help you. Leave tolled until ready to fill.
4. Whip the cream for the filling with the icing sugar, then unroll the sponge, fill and re-roll. Whip the topping ingredients together and spread all over the log. Decorate with the chocolate star.
TIP: To save time use a good quality bought Swiss roll and decorate using step 4.
What would you add to this Christmas chocolate roulade Star Log? Share your thoughts, ideas and comments below.
This was sent to us from Dr. Oetker