This simple, vegetarian, ricotta and spinach cannelloni recipe will make a perfect meal for both family and friends.
It makes a delicious and warming winter dish and with just 30 minutes preparation it can be ready in next to no time should guests arrive over Christmas.
PREP TIME: 30 MINS
COOKING TIME: 50 MINS
FOR THE CANNELLONI:
- 18 cannelloni tubes
- 1 full quantity of béchamel sauce
- Grated cheese
FOR THE TOMATO SAUCE:
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1x 400g can CIRIO CHOPPED TOMATOES
- 6 basil leaves, torn
FOR THE FILLING:
- 500g cooked spinach
- 300g ricotta
- 1 egg beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
You can get all these ingredients from Tesco.com
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190C/Gas mark 5.
2. Heat the olive oil, then add the onion and fry gently for 10
minutes until soft
3. Add the garlic and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes
4. Add the Cirio Chopped tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes. Then remove from heat, stir in the fresh basil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Meanwhile, combine the FILLING ingredients. Season with salt and pepper and spoon or pipe the mixture into the cannelloni tubes.
6. Lightly butter a baking dish and transfer the cannelloni tubes onto it.
7. Spoon over the tomato sauce followed by the béchamel sauce.
8. Sprinkle on some extra cheese and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until golden and crispy!
This recipe was sent to UnderTheChristmasTree from www.cirio1856.co.uk
Do you serve Cannelloni to your guests? Will you give this vegetarian option a try at Christmas?
Share your thoughts and recipe’s below!