For everybody out there who loves coconut, Coconut truffles make the perfect desert and they’re so easy to make. As an extra bonus this recipe is wheat, gluten, dairy & sugar free.
Perfect for vegetarian guests at Christmas these truffles would make delicious snacks for all the family.
Total Time: 45 minutes
(preparation only: 15-20 minutes)
Yield: 18 truffles
- 140 ml (5 fl oz) coconut cream
- 100 g (3½ oz) creamed coconut (not the same as coconut cream)
- 100 g (3½ oz) desiccated coconut
- 40 g (1½ oz) cacao butter (not the same as cacao paste)
- 20 servings stevia
You can get all these ingredients from Tesco.com
How to make the healthy Coconut White Chocolate Truffles:
- Chop creamed coconut into chunks and melt it with cocoa butter and coconut cream on low heat until completely dissolved.
- Add 80 g of desiccated coconut and stevia and mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 10-15 minutes.
- Form into balls (3½ cm / 1½ in), coat in desiccated coconut and place on a non-stick baking tray or a large plate (ensuring they do not touch).
- Refrigerate for further 10 minutes before serving.
- Keep refrigerated.
These coconut truffles make a delicious treat for all the family both at Christmas and throughout the rest of the year but be warned once you’ve had one you’ll want more!
This recipe was sent from: http://www.dr-eva.com
Get in touch below and tell us what special treat you make for your family at Christmas?