A cuddly monster designed to eat children’s worries, might not jump out to you as a top Christmas gift, however Amazon has predicted that the Sorgenfresser Worry Eater will be among the 20 most popular Christmas toys for 2014.
The idea behind the ‘worry eater’ is that children can draw or write down something that upsets or worries them. They then put it into the monster’s mouth, zip it shut and this banishes their worries.
Rachel Wyatt, who works for the distributors, said: ‘There is a symbolic element to zipping away a worry and it disappearing. But if mum or dad finds a worry in a Sorgenfresser’s mouth it will help them to talk it through with the child.’
Amazon said that the £20 award winning toy, which became a huge success in Europe for TV animator Gerd Hahn, is already proving popular on children’s online wishlists.
The latest monster to join worry eaters Saggo, Frula, Betti and Biff is Flamm, a spiky haired, orange and white striped monster that will be released in time for Christmas.
Other toys Amazon feel we should be looking out for include:
- a revamped Barbie Malibu Dream House – £99.99
- Chill Factor Slushy Maker – £12.99
- a marble racing game – £24.99
- Hornby Digital Train Set – £299
- WowWee MiP Robot which can drive and dance on two wheels by responding to hand gestures – around £90
- My Friend Cayla an interactive doll which can be synched to a tablet or smartphone – £59.99
- Shimmer and Sparkle Knitting Loom – £29.99
- Pop Chef which allows fruit and vegetables to be cut into fun shapes – £9.99
- Snow Glow Elsa doll, which comes with a light-up necklace – £34.
Are your children’s wish list toys among those above?
Get in touch below and tell us what’s topping your kids chistmas list or tweet us @underxmastree