Now, if you’re looking to make the breakfast of all breakfast for Christmas morning, then check out this super delicious Nutella + Cocoa Date & Hazelnut breakfast recipe.
What you will need & prep time:
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
Makes: 8 (serves 4 – 2 buns per person
- 1 x 320g ready rolled puff pastry
- 100g chopped dates
- 1 tbsp water
- 40g pecans, roughly chopped
- 60g Nutella® + Cocoa – 1 heaped tsp of Nutella® (15g) per portion (7.5g per bun)
- Buy your ingredients, here from Tesco Groceries.
- 2 clementine’s per portion
- 50g fat free fromage frais per portion
How to make Nutella + Cocoa Date and Hazelnut Breakfast Buns
- Preheat the oven to 350c/fan 180f.
- Line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Unroll the pastry onto the lined baking sheet.
- Place the dates in a food processor with the water and process until a smooth paste.
- Using a spatula spread the date paste all over the surface of the pastry, leaving a 2cm border on all sides of the puff pastry.
- Sprinkle evenly with half of the pecans.
- Starting with the shortest edge closest to you, tightly roll the pastry up and away from you, encasing the filling. Trim 1 cm slice from each end and discard.
- With a large knife slice the roll into 8 equal pieces and place cut side up spaced apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake the buns for 18-20 minutes until golden brown and crisp, remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- When cool drizzle the top of each bun with the Nutella® +cocoa, sprinkle the remaining pecans, and serve with clementine’s and fat free fromage frais.
If you like the sound of this, then check out this rocky road recipe for the ultimate festive party snack.