Food blogger “Tales From The Kitchen Shed” has recently posted her new recipe of a stunning self saucing Rhubarb & Custard. We’re drooling just reading it, which is why we had to share it with you.
At least 6
- 750 g rhubarb trimmed and cut into 1 cm slices
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 250 g plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 110 g caster sugar
- 75 g butter melted and cooled
- 150 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs beaten
- 3 tablespoons custard powder
- 150 g caster sugar
- 300 ml milk
- 25 g butter
You will need:
• A 2 litre shallow baking dish
• 180℃ / 350℉ / Gas Mark 4
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the milk, vanilla extract and beaten eggs into the cooled melted butter and whisk to combine.
- Pour onto the dry ingredients and briefly whisk until smooth.
- Pour the batter evenly over the rhubarb.
- Sift the custard powder and caster sugar together before sprinkling over the batter.
- Use the back of a tablespoon and slowly pour the hot milk and butter over your pudding.
Bake in the oven for approximately 40 minutes until the batter is set.
Kitchen Shed Tip: Let your pudding stand and set for at least 5 minutes before serving as this allows the sauce to thicken up.
This looks like the ultimate festive comfort food and we can’t wait to try out the recipe.
Will you be trying this out come winter? You can let us know using the comments section below.