A Semifreddo isn’t just tasty to eat but also stunning to look at and will have all of your guest impressed by your baking skills. So how about trying this Semifreddo recipe?
What you’ll need to make this recipe:
Preparation: 30 minutes
6 hours refrigeration
3 eggs, separated
150g caster sugar
500ml double cream
200g CHOCO LEIBNIZ dark biscuits, finely chopped or crushed
You can buy all of the ingredient you will need for this recipe from Tesco Groceries
Method on how to make Semifreddo:
1. Line the base of a 900g loaf tin with parchment paper or a double layer of cling film, leaving the excess hanging out over the edges.
2. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl until pale and fluffy. In a separate bowl, whip the cream until it forms soft peaks. In a third bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form firm peaks.
3. Gently fold the whipped cream into the egg yolk mixture, then carefully fold in the egg whites.
4. Sprinkle a third of the chopped CHOCO LEIBNIZ biscuits evenly into the base of the prepared tin. Pour half the semifreddo mixture over the biscuits, followed by the next third of the CHOCO LEIBNIZ. Finally, pour over the remaining semifreddo and top with the remaining CHOCO LEIBNIZ.
5. Cover with the excess hanging parchment or cling film and freeze for at least six hours until solid.
Serve this at your next Christmas party and show off your baking skills.
This was sent to us by: http://www.bahlsen.co.uk
Will you give this Semifreddo recipe a try? Comment below and let us know.