Everyone loves to receive a personal gift at Christmas – it says I was thinking about you. We were delighted when Finn Christo from ao.com sent us in his Christmas Cranberry Cookies recipe.
These easy to make cookies would make a great festive gift, simply tie a Christmassy bow around them and wow your friends with your baking skills.
Christmas Cranberry Cookies Recipe:
Ingredients: You can find these at Tesco.com
- 300g plain flour
- 150g brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons muscovado sugar
- half a cup of cranberries (you can get them soaked in orange juice which tastes even better)
- one egg
- half a block of butter
- one teaspoon of mixed spice
- one teaspoon of vanilla sugar
- assorted cookie shapes
- a handful of flour to dust
- 4tsp sifted icing sugar for glaze
- edible glitter (optional)
Serves: Makes about 20 cookies
- Cooking Time: 10 – 15 min
- Prep Time: 20 min (plus 30 minutes chilling time)
- Oven Temperature:
- Fan Assisted: 140 degrees
- Gas: Mark 3
- Conventional: 160 degrees
Here’s how it’s done…
1. Preheat your oven! 160 degrees C
2. Cut up your butter into tiny blocks then mix it into your flour, vanilla sugar and egg. Rub the butter into the flour (like you would a crumble base) then add the brown and muscovado sugar and cranberries.
3. Mix really well then place onto a sheet of cling-film and cover tightly before placing into the fridge for 30 minutes to harden.
4. In the meantime, if you’re going to decorate your cookies with icing sugar sift it then slowly mix in a teaspoon of water until you get a gloopy paste that should look similar to glue
5. Half an hour later, take out your cookie dough and roll it out on a floured surface. I cut my dough in half because it was too large for my surface to roll out properly
6. Cut out your shapes and add them to a tray lined with greaseproof paper and bake for 10-15 minutes depending on the size and shape of your cookies. Keep a close eye on these because it’s really easy to burn them.
7. To decorate let your cookies cool then coat the top surface with the icing and sprinkle with your glitter..sorry, *cough* sprinkle with your manly glitter.
8. Tie them up with your ribbon and you’re good to go!
Will you try Finn’s crafty Christmas Cranberry Cookies recipe? Get in touch and tell us what’s your favourite homemade treat to give as a gift.