An alternative and healthy Halloween meal that is perfect to make with the kids for some spooky fun!
Serves: 4 (355kcals each)
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
What you will need:
- 3oog of white potatoes
- 300g of sweet potatoes
- 300 of pumpkin flesh
- 100g Lake District Dairy Co. Original Quark
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp snipped fresh chives (optional)
- 3 chipolata sausages
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC / Fan 170ºC / Gas Mark 5
2. Peel all the potatoes, cut into even sized chunks and place in a large pan.
3. Add just enough cold water to cover and a pinch of salt, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins
4. In the meantime, place the sausages on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 20 mins, turning halfway so they are brown on all sides
5. Add the pumpkin flesh to the pan, cover, return to the boil and cook for a further 5 mins until all vegetables are tender. Drain well in a colander
6 Return the vegetables to the pan, add the Lake District Dairy Co. Original Quark and use a potato masher to create a smooth mash. Season to taste and add the chives if using
7. Use a fork to fluff up the potatoes and serve hot with the sausages
8. For a fun Halloween twist: Make a witch’s hand by sticking the sausages into the mash to look like fingers, placing a dab of mustard on the end of each sausage to look like fingernails
What will you be making for Halloween this year? Comment below and let us know.