It’s not unusual around the festive season for friends and family to just drop by. Why not give your unexpected guests something a little different with their favourite cuppa or tipple.
This delicious Millionaire shortbread with black olive caramel recipe from Fragata is sure to go down a treat.
Ingredients: these are available at Tesco.com
- Olive caramel
- 100g pitted black Fragata olives
- 200g caster sugar
- 50g liquid glucose
200g plain chocolate Knob of butter
- 175g butter
- 5 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 175g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
1. To make the shortbread preheat the oven to 180c/ gas mark 4.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together and add the vanilla. Beat until smooth.
3. Add the flour and salt and press onto the bottom of a greased or lined tin.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes until shortbread is pale golden. Set aside to cool.
5. While the shortbread is cooling blend the olives in a food processor to a fine paste, melt the caster sugar and 50g of glucose syrup in a saucepan over a low heat, then increase the heat and continue to cook until the caramel is golden brown.
6. Remove from the heat and whisk in the olive paste. Leave to cool then spoon onto the shortbread. Allow to set at room temperature for at least 20 minutes.
7. When the caramel has set, melt the chocolate in the microwave with the butter and spread it in an even layer over the caramel.
8. Leave it out at room temperature to harden little. Before the chocolate has completely set cut it into squares, or your desired shape, and enjoy!
Will you try this recipe for Millionaire shortbread with black olive caramel out this Christmas? Get in touch and tell us what you thought of it.