This super-smooth, plant-based chocolatey mousse can be ready in minutes and would be perfect to serve for lunch and dinner. Here’s everything you need to get this magnificent dessert ready.
Microplane® kindly sent us this recipe which serves six and can be ready in minutes. Please note affiliate links may have been used on this page.
400g silk tofu
200g vegan chocolate (at least 72% cocoa)
A grating of Tonka Bean-using the Microplane®Premium Classic Zester
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp icing sugar(but you can use more if you like it sweet!)
Good quality white and dark vegan chocolate to garnish –using the Microplane®Professional Series Ribbon Grater
How to make Vegan Chocolate Mousse:
- Break up the chocolate and melt in a bain-marie or microwave – whichever you prefer.
- Set aside to cool slightly
- Using a hand blender, mix together the silk tofu with the salt, a light grating of TonkaBean (to taste)and the icing sugar
- Add the cooled chocolate slowly
- Mix thoroughly
- Fill 6 small bowls (about the size of a ramekin)and chill for 2-3 hours
- Garnish liberally with shavings of chocolate
Where to Buy: Microplane®Premium Classic Zester is available for £19.00 from Amazon UK