Baking is something we here at UTCT would normally prefer to leave to the experts, however, we’ve come up with a ‘no bake’ (meaning it can’t be burnt – Hurrah!) recipe how to make a Malteser Tiffin Tray Bake that will make the perfect accompaniment to your Christmas Movie of choice.
We earn a commission for products purchase through some links in this article.
Shop ingredients: TESCO
- 200g Milk Chocolate (any will do!)
- 100g Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tbsp Golden Syrup
- 130g Digestive Biscuits
- 135g Maltesers
- 200g Milk Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon Golden Syrup
- 35g Unsalted Butter
1. Turn on the hob to a high heat, Pour boiling water into a pot and place a heat proof bowl over the pot. Line a 20cm (or as close to that size) tray with baking paper.
2. Place chocolate, syrup and butter into the bowl and stir occasionally until fully melted.
3. Put Digestive biscuits and 35g of the maltesers into a bag and crush using a rolling pin
4. Once Mixture is melted add the crushed mixture to it and combine.
5. Press gently into the baking tray before adding the remaining 100g of maltesers evenly through the tray.
For the topping:
1. Melt 200g of chocolate, Golden Syrup and butter using the same method
2. Stir throughout
3. Once melted, spread the mixture over the malteser cake evenly.
4. Chill for an hour or until hard before slicing.
There you have a delicious no bake (non burnt) Malteser Tiffin Tray Bake ideal for any festive occasion.