Looking to kick start your morning with a breakfast themed pancake? Then Yeovalley raspberry breakfast pancake might just be what you are looking for!
Tip: Make this festive by topping with squirty cream for Santas beard.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 8 tbsp Raspberry Yeogurt, and a bit more to serve
- finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 25g Unsalted Butter, melted, and some for the pan
- 150g self-raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 150g raspberries and a handful more to serve
- clear honey or maple syrup
How to make this raspberry pancake:
1. Whisk the Yeogurt, lemon rind, egg yolks and butter together in a bowl and set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Sift in the flour and salt and whisk until smooth, then, using a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff.
3. Whisk a third of the egg white into the batter mixture until it’s well combined. Then use a metal spoon to fold in the remaining egg white, together with the raspberries.
4. Heat a large frying pan and melt a little butter. Add spoonfuls of the batter to the pan, giving them plenty of space, and cook for one to two minutes or until bubbles appear. Flip them over and cook for a further one to two minutes. Remove the pancakes from the pan and keep them warm while you do the rest of the mixture – it should make about 16 small pancakes in all.
5. Serve up, topped with some honey or maple syrup and raspberries.
Our mouths are watering at just the thought of these. We will be spoiled for choice on pancake day so we may just have to make all of the different recipe’s we’ve included, (Any excuse we hear you shout!)
For more information please visit: Yeovalley.co.uk
Let us know in the comments below if you liked this recipe and if you have any other recipe’s, we would love to hear them!