It’s the busiest time of year, between work, organising Christmas and putting up the decorations, it’s likely we will forget to buy something essential for Christmas. Here is the top 20 things us Brits forget at Christmas.
According to a study of 2,000 by Argos, buying sellotape, tin foil to wrap the turkey, extra batteries and forgetting to buy Christmas crackers to pull are the top things we forget to buy every year.
Gary Kibble of Argos, which carried out the study via OnePoll.com, said: “December can be one of the busiest months of the year, as in addition to preparing for Christmas many adults are juggling work commitments with social arrangements and obligations to go to the children’s nativities, school fayres and church ceremonies.
“It can be almost impossible to fool proof Christmas completely, and yet Brits place so much emphasis on this one day of the year, we want to do everything we can to help.”
Gary Kibble added: “For many hard-working families, the festive season doesn’t come cheap or easy, so we wanted to give people a helping hand with our £15,000 giveaway so Brits can fool-proof their Christmas.”
TOP 20 items Brits are most likely to forget:
1. Buying batteries
2. Buying sellotape
3. To fill the ice cube trays
4. Wrapping paper for last minute gifts
5. Tinfoil for the turkey
6. Napkins for the dinner table
7. Christmas crackers
8. Buying presents for extended relatives
9. Forgetting to buy the turkey trimmings – cranberry, apple, mint, bread sauce
11. Toilet roll to cater for the extra guests
12. To buy / put on the Christmas jumper
13. To take the Christmas presents with you when visiting family / friends
14. The gravy
15. Relative’s favourite tipple
16. To leave a mince pie out for Father Christmas
17. A vegetarian option
18. Getting a card for the mother-in-law
19. Forgetting to turn the oven on
20. Forgetting to put the vegetables on
Items Brits are most likely to make a desperate dash for:
4. A bottle of wine
5. A box of chocolates
8. A Christmas present
9. Wrapping paper
10. Bread sauce
We know we’ve forgot one or two things on that list!