Canderel have recently revealed a whole host of delicious recipe’s using their sugar alternative ‘Candarel Sugarly’.
Here is a simple Spiced Chocolate Mousse recipe flavoured with Cardamom and orange zest.
Preparation Time: 15 Mins
Cooking Time: 5 Mins
Calories per serving: 93
Total fat per serving: 5g
Saturated fat per serving: 3g
Here’s what you will need:
- 1 sheet of gelatine, broken into small pieces
- 50g/2oz 70% or above dark chocolate, broken into bite sided pieces
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed and seeds removed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 orange and juice of ½ + extra zest for decoration (optional)
- 2 egg whites
- ½ tbsp. Canderel Sugarly
- ½ x 250g pot quark
- 100g half fat crème fraiche
- 1 tsp dark chocolate cocoa powder for dusting
How to make Christmas spiced chocolate mousse:
- Sit the gelatine in a small bowl and cover with cold water, and leave to soften.
- Put the chocolate pieces in a heatproof bowl and sit it over a pan of barely simmering water, stirring occasionally until melted.
- Remove from hob and stir in the cardamom seeds, vanilla, orange zest/juice and 2 tbsp. boiling water and mix until smooth and leave to cool. Then stir through the quark and crème fraiche, squeeze the water from the gelatine, return it to a clean bowl and pour in enough hot water to just cover, whisk with a fork then add to the chocolate mix and stir, put mixture to one side.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until they begin to peak then whisk in the Canderel Sugarly and whisk again until thickened slightly.
- Now fold half the egg whites into the chocolate using a metal spoon, when all combined, gently fold in the remaining. Spoon into the ramekins or glass dishes to chill for a couple of hours or overnight, dust with cocoa and top with orange zest if using before serving.
For more festive recipe’s and information, visit www.canderel.co.uk
You can buy all your ingredients here at Waitrose.com
Let us know if you’ve tried out this recipe in the comments below or feel free to share your pictures via social media using the icons.