Arguably the most delicious week of the year ‘National Doughbut week’ is on 6th – 13th of May 2017 which raises money for The Children’s Trust, the UK’s leading charity for children with brain injury.
The week of fundraising has been going on since 1991 and last year made over £22,000 in just one week with the help of 394 bakers, cafes and shops.
To participate, all you need to do is purchase a delicious doughnut from a participating bakers. Let’s face it, we’ll be buying more than one… or two..
We all know that Doughnuts are as popular as our beloved Mince Pies. (Let’s start a debate…) but here is a look at some of CSM’s favourite crazy doughnut trends this year:
1. DOUGHNICORNS – Unicorn food is taking the nation by storm, with glitter, sprinkles and all things fantastical.
2. BOTANICAL INFUSIONS – 2017 is proving that savoury herbs and sweet things go hand in hand. Just check out these orange glazed doughnuts with sugared rosemary.
3. COOKIE DOUGH INDULGENCE – these doughnuts topped with fresh cookie dough are the ultimate dream.
4. 3D CREATIONS – there’s a big trends for turning doughnuts into different shapes such as animals or other foods. These fruity doughnuts are great fun!
5. FREAKSHAKE MADNESS – everyone is going for mad for freakshakes, the ultimate in indulgence. And doughnuts are the perfect topper, why not create your own freakshake this National Doughnut Week using doughnuts from a participating baker? We might be tempted to design some festive ones. We’re thinking Frosty the snowman with Vanilla, chocolate and orange fondant. Yum!
For more information visit the website http://www.nationaldoughnutweek.org/
How will you be celebrating National Doughnut Week? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below or alternatively get in touch using the social media icons.