Trying to get your home all cleaned up after Christmas? Take a look at these top five fun cleaning hacks to get your home in tip top shape for 2018.
To make the post- Christmas clean-up operation less stressful, Oven Pride has teamed up with blogger Domestic Gothess, to create some time-saving hacks for an easy, fuss-free clean up that will allow you to enjoy a squeaky clean start to the new year, all in time for Epiphany!
1. If your wine glasses are looking a little cloudy, get them sparkling again by giving them a wipe with a cloth dipped in white vinegar, give them a good rinse then dry with a lint-free cloth.
2. If you end up burning any pans while you are cooking the big feast (there is a lot going on and it can be hard to keep an eye on everything!), you can easily clean a burnt pan with vinegar and bicarbonate of soda – fill the pan with water and then add a cup of white vinegar. Bring it to a boil, take it off the stove and then add 2 tablespoons of bicarbonate of soda. Let it sit for a while until it has cooled down and then wipe the mixture out of the pan!
3. Prepare your fridge beforehand. Empty all the food you won’t be using, make space for the turkey and deep clean it using a baking soda and water mix. 2 tablespoons of baking soda and 100 ml of water
4. Before putting away, clean dusty tinsel or artificial trees by securing an old pair of tights over the nozzle attachment of your hoover and using a very low setting to gently suck away the mess.
5. A dirty oven with old burnt on grease could ruin your chances of cooking the perfect dinner. To help save time cleaning your oven, try using an oven cleaner such as Oven Pride to stop you from scrubbing for hours on end. All you have to do is place the racks in the plastic bag provided and add the 2 in 1 cleaning solution, pouring the remaining solution inside the oven. Leave this to get to work for 24 hours and rinse down with gloves and hot soapy water – then you’re good to get cooking again!
A spokesperson for Oven Pride said: “Whether you’re entertaining family and friends or simply cooking your evening meal, make sure that a dirty oven doesn’t get in the way of dinner plans in 2018. Oven Pride can take the headache out of cleaning your oven as it’s not only easy to use, but can also be left to get to work whilst you concentrate on more important things.”
For more information please visit www.ovenpride.com
What is your favourite cleaning tip/hack that you do to get your house looking sparkling clean? Let us know below or share on social media using the buttons below.