It is St David’s Day on March 1st and people in Wales and those of Welsh origin are celebrating the day. Here are some of our favourite Welsh Christmas traditions and facts.
1. Noson Gyflath (Toffee Night) – On Christmas Eve many people made toffee
2. The Welsh name for Father Christmas is Siôn Corn
3. Many people like to take an afternoon stroll on Christmas day
4. Families sit down to watch Doctor Who on Christmas night – this programme is made in Wales
5. Visiting the markets and Christmas festivals
6. Some people enjoy a swim in the seas. Swims include the Porthcowl Christmas swim and on boxing day there are swims in Llandudno and Tenby
7. Nadolig Llawen means ‘Merry Christmas’ in Welsh
These are just a few of our favourite traditions and facts and to all those celebrating, we wish you a very Happy St. David’s Day!
What is your favourite Welsh Christmas tradition or fact? Comment below and let us know or share on social media using the icons below.