We’ve all had grand ideas about hanging a lit up garland round our windows like we see in the movies, or struggled to hang our Christmas card holders on the walls without leaving pin holes. Well now, adhesive brand 3M are making hanging Christmas decorations easy thanks to their adhesive strips, patches and hooks.
Picture the scene – It’s Christmas eve and the stockings need to be hung up on the wall or fireplace before the children go to sleep (and give us a well deserved rest!) only, Dad can’t seem to get the blu-tack to stick, double sided tape won’t cut it and the thought of putting pins through our newly painted walls is giving us Christmas nightmares. Fear not! for like our very own knights in shining armour, 3M have got the solution.
Why not make your very own advent calendar? Interiors Stylist Joanne Thornhill has a great idea on how to make the wall above your fireplace the home to your very own advent calendar.
Simply follow these instructions:
- Either buy or make 24 small gift bags which you can decorate at home and maybe even have your children help you to make them look festive.
- Make numbers (1-24) either with paper or material and fix them to the gift bags. Again, this could be a great craft idea to keep little hands busy!
- Fill your bags with your desired goodies.
- Scatter the bags around and mark out on the wall where you wish to place them (use masking tape or similar)
- Fix the Command 3M hooks to the walls where you wish to place your bags and leave to bond for one hour (this might be the perfect time to go and make yourself a hot chocolate!)
- Hang your advent calendar and enjoy!
Of course, there are lots of different ways that you can use the adhesive strips and hooks, but we personally love the idea of using them for fixing garlands or bunting across the window sill to create the perfect Christmas window.
For more festive ideas, information and to buy the Command From 3M adhesives, visit www.commandstrips.co.uk .
We would love to hear all about your festive hanging decorations, please feel free to leave your comments below!