‘Tis the season for belly laughing as comedy UKTV channel, Gold has announced its annual ‘Christmas Cracker’ joke competition for 2019.
Are you festive funny?…
Think you have the best witty and topical joke to make us all laugh? Then you should enter UKTV’s Gold Christmas cracker joke competition.
Returning for its seventh year, the top prize will see a winner win £1,500 holiday vouchers from Trailfinders plus a bespoke set of Christmas crackers featuring their winning joke. Nine runners up will also receive a festive hamper and a set of bespoke Gold crackers.
The competition aims to discover the best new Christmas gags from around the UK based on this years major events such as, dare we mention….BREXIT!
Last year’s winning one-liner was political pun, “What does Donald Trump do after he pulls a cracker? Pays her off.”, with 2017’s top spot being taken by “Why was Theresa May sacked as Nativity Manager? She couldn’t run a stable government.”
We are a nation who love a giggle and with an astounding 300 million crackers being pulled on Christmas day, the laughs are set to just keep coming.
The best jokes will be shortlisted by a comedy panel led by comedy critic, and editor of comedy website Beyond The Joke, Bruce Dessau who said, “I’m sure we’ll all agree that 2019 has been one of the maddest yet! But despite all the ups and downs, we can usually still find something to crack a smile about. I can’t wait to see what comic gems emerge from this year’s Gold’s Christmas Crackers competition – I think we all deserve a laugh!”
HOW TO ENTER
Open to all UK residents aged 18 and over, to enter please:
- Follow @GoldChannel and tweet a Christmas-themed joke via your personal Twitter account including #GoldCrackers
- Gold is looking for the most original festive jokes that put a comedy twist on the news agenda or pop culture across the past year
- Jokes must be original content and suitable for a family audience (e.g. no swear words)
- The joke entry must be included within one tweet (i.e. not be more than 280 characters), including #GoldCrackers
- Multiple entries are allowed
- All entrants must follow @GoldChannel (so we can notify the winners) – but the @GoldChannel twitter handle does not need to be included in the joke entry.
- Competition ends at 23:59 on 28/10/2018. For further information on the terms and conditions, please visit https://gold.uktv.co.uk/article/gold-crackers-2019-tcs/