Rocky Road has just gotten a whole lot tastier, follow this easy recipe from Cadbury’s Mini Egg Cookbook to make your own.
What you will need & prep time:
Prep time 15 mins
Chilling time 2–3 hours
400g Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate, broken into squares
150g digestive biscuits
50g mini marshmallows
90g Cadbury Mini Eggs
How to make Cadbury Mini Egg Rocky Road:
- Line a 30 x 20cm baking tin with baking parchment.
- Put the chocolate squares in a large glass bowl and microwave them for 20–30 seconds. Take out the bowl and stir the chocolate, then repeat until it is all melted. Alternatively, place the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water until the chocolate has melted.
- Put the digestive biscuits into a sealable plastic bag and bash them with a rolling pin until you have a mixture of different-sized pieces. You want some quite big crunchy pieces – not just crumbs.
- Stir the crushed biscuits and marshmallows into the melted chocolate until everything is well combined and coated.
- Transfer the mixture to the lined tin, pushing it into the corners and levelling the top. Push in the Cadbury Mini Eggs, distributing them evenly, and press them down with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Chill the mixture in the fridge for 2–3 hours (or overnight) until it is set. Cut it into 24 squares and store them in an airtight container in the fridge.
4g sat fat
Why not add in a few cherries or a little bit of orange flavouring to give a zesty winter taste.
This looks like a very tasty recipe to try. Give our Malteser traybake a try next!