As soon as we set our eyes on the picture that goes with this recipe we were mouth wateringly excited about it.
Here, we show you a recipe from The English Provender Co on how to make Mushroom Chestnut, Stilton & Cranberry pies.
You will need:
- 375g ready rolled shortcrust pastry
For the Mushroom, Chestnut, Stilton and Cranberry pies filling:
- 30g butter
- 250g field or chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp Very Lazy chili (optional)
- 1 tsp Very Lazy garlic
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tbsp English Provender wild cranberry sauce
- 70g stilton, crumbled
- 100g chestnuts, crumbled
- 1 medium free-range egg yolk, beaten
1. Melt the butter in a frying pan. Fry the mushrooms over a high heat until soft. Add the garlic and chili and cook for another 40 seconds.
2. Place in a mixing bowl and stir in the rosemary, wild cranberry, stilton and chestnuts.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
4. Cut out 8 x 10cm circles from the pastry and place in a muffin tin. Place 2 tbsp of filling into each pastry case. Cut out 8 x 9cm circles and press these lids onto the pies. Brush with egg, then cut small steam holes in the lids.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden.